In the Varo Bank app, tap Move Money > Mobile Check Deposit > Deposit a Check.
Before you start, it’s best to confirm:
- Your check meets our requirements. See: What types of checks can I deposit? Most importantly, non-government checks need to be made out to only you. We can’t accept non-government paper checks made out to you and another person. We can accept certain government checks made out to you and another person (for example, tax refunds for jointly filed returns), but the check must be endorsed by all payees.
- The amount of the check isn’t higher than the limit shown on the screen. For more information, see Are there limits for mobile check deposit?
- You won’t need your check deposit before it will be available. See: When will my check deposit be available in my Bank Account? If you need the money instantly, you may consider using an instant check cashing service (most will charge a fee), then deposit the money to your Varo Bank Account.
When you’re ready to deposit your check:
- Endorse the check:
- Sign the back. If you are depositing a government check made out to multiple payees, be sure to have all parties sign.
- Write “For mobile deposit at Varo Bank only” below your signature. Make sure to use ink, not a pencil.