If you’re a current Varo customer, keep using your Varo app and card like normal.
Once we’re ready for you to make the move to Varo Bank, you’ll receive an email from us, as well as a message in your app that it’s time to verify your info for your new Varo Bank debit card!
Wait to receive the message from us to make the move to Varo Bank — we’ll keep it simple and walk you through every step of the process. Your balance, transactions, incoming deposits, and scheduled payments will all be automatically moved over to Varo Bank.
When you receive the email and get the message above in your Varo app, follow these steps:
1. Verify your current password in the Varo app so you can use your existing login in the new Varo Bank app. Don’t worry if you forgot your password; you can reset it in the old Varo app now, or in the new Varo Bank App after you download it.
2. Update or confirm your mailing address and phone number so we can send your new Varo Bank debit card. It should arrive within 1-2 weeks. Keep using your existing debit card and app until your new card arrives.
3. Once your new Varo Bank debit card arrives, download the new Varo Bank app and log in using your existing Varo username and password. Activate your card right in the app!
You will need iOS version 13.0 or higher, or Android version 6.0 or higher, to download and use the new Varo Bank app, so check your app versions and please upgrade if needed.
4. We’ll help you get any regular bills, autopays, and subscriptions updated automatically to your new card! Look out for an email from us with more details, or click here for more information.
5. Update your direct deposit information. Find your new account number and routing number in the new Varo Bank app by tapping Move Money > Direct Deposit. Direct deposits set up for your old account will automatically deposit into your new account for 60 days. Update this information with your employer as soon as you can!
6. Confirm that the accounts you want linked to your new Varo Bank Account are already linked. Tap Accounts > See Linked Accounts. If you need to link new accounts, here’s how.
7. Add your new card to digital wallets like Apple Pay or Google Pay.
8. Carry your new Varo Bank debit card and cut up the old one!
You’ll be able to access your money, linked accounts, savings preferences, and past bank statements and transactions in the new Varo Bank app!
We’ll guide you through this entire process with helpful reminders and links. You’ll get notifications letting you know when it’s time to confirm your contact info, activate your new debit card, and download the new Varo Bank app.
Still have questions? Check out this helpful video that outlines the steps to move to the new Varo Bank app!