In the Varo Bank app, tap Move Money > Mobile Check Deposit > Deposit a Check.
Before you start, it’s best to confirm:
- Your check meets our requirements. See: What types of checks can I deposit?
- Your check is endorsed properly (see below for more information).
While we do accept certain types of government checks made payable to you and another person (such as tax refunds or Economic Impact checks for jointly filed returns), the check must be endorsed by all payees.
- The amount of your check is within the limit listed in Move Money > Mobile Check Deposit > Deposit a Check. If you need a higher limit, reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance.
- Check deposits from the U.S. Treasury will be available the business day after the check is accepted.
When you’re ready to deposit your Economic Impact Payment check:
- Endorse the check:
- Sign the back. If you are depositing a government check made out to multiple payees, be sure to have all parties sign.
- Write “For Mobile Deposit Only at Varo Bank” below your signature. Make sure to use ink, not a pencil.
- Follow the steps in the app to take photos of the front and back of the check.
- When you’re done, review the confirmation screen. If everything looks good, tap Submit check.
- You will immediately receive an email with the subject line “We got your mobile deposit”.
- When we’re done reviewing the check, we’ll send you another email telling you if your check was approved. If it was, you’ll also get a schedule of when your deposit will be available. See When will my check deposit be available in my Bank Account?
- Keep the check for 60 days, according to the Varo Bank Account Agreement.
- Check the status of your deposit in the app by tapping Move Money > Mobile Check Deposit > Check History. Then tap the deposit you’re checking on.
We're working to make mobile check deposit available to everyone. If you have a check to deposit and don't see "Deposit a check" in the Move Money tab of your app, please contact us for assistance.